Hey all, I am happy to report that I have finally finished republishing my first book as an updated 2nd edition with additional content—introduction, acknowledgements, preface, and table of contents. Please check it out at Amazon: click here or on the front cover image below. Thanks bunches for your support!
Category: Pictures! Page 1 of 4
fun stuff, serious stuff, kid stuff, and nonsense
This oppressive heaviness weighs me down
Pressing me into silence again and again.
Words fail me—mind, tongue, and pen—
Until I feel like a bird whose wings
Are bound tightly against its body
Unable even to struggle for flight,
Much less fly.
Somehow I must…must…MUST…
Force myself to words again—
Say what I feel when I let myself feel;
Let myself feel when I acknowledge the hurt;
Acknowledge the hurt, the sadness, the anger…
No longer can I accept this mental solitude.
It is killing me in a different way
Than I have ever experienced before, and
I refuse to let myself be killed
Or to let myself go softly into the night!
I will live loudly, freely, even joyfully!
Be reminded, O my soul:
The Most High God is my secret shelter,
Surrounding me at all times, in all places.
He is my strength to fight depression
When I have none.
He is my willingness to fight the silent emptiness
When silence is all I know.
He is my life when deaf and dumbness
Try to crowd me into a corner of despair.
HE IS MY GOD!
So, just in case anyone thinks otherwise, here’s a bit of news:
- I welcome real, valid comments from real, valid users, and I would, in fact, be interested in feedback, comments, or input on ANY of my writings.
- ALL COMMENTS are moderated before being posted.
- Any of the above-mentioned types of comments will be posted, regardless of my feelings on the content… read: I do not screen out negative input. I value each person’s opinion and welcome discussion.
- Comment SPAM is not permitted and is immediately marked for deletion as such. Quit, already!!
- Due to the comment spam, I have marked any posts older than 14 days as closed for comments. That being said, however, anyone who wants to give me valid feedback on anything is welcome to email me via my contact form and I will post it then.
Again, please do send me your thoughts, feelings, and opinions on my writings. I would love to hear from you.
Thanks to everyone for your indulgence in this matter.
Respectfully yours, Cara Colleen Coble